Writing about myself always feels like I’m setting up a dating profile and THAT never turns out well. Well, what’s that saying about being thrown in the deep end…?
My name is Courtney. I go by Court, Court-mo, Shortskie–but for the sake of sparing myself, let’s just stick with Court. I am twenty-two; an aspiring author; a published poet; in dire need of a horde of stress relief dogs. If you or anyone you know has some that you just need to get rid of, I will gladly take any, if not all, off anyone’s hands. This is a cry for help. Send me the doogs. Is there Morse Code for ‘send me the doogs’?
(Don’t be alarmed, I go off on tangents 73% of the time. Surprisingly.)
When I am not working my small face off at work, I am home taking pictures of books (all the instagram pictures at the bottom of the website are my creations) and making candles (honestly, why am I even given money?). Currently, I have four books in distress at a quarter-to-half way written, and too many poems. They sprout like weeds. And NaNoWriMo approaching is not a suitable life raft.
- I like to say i am proficient in photoshop
- I will BELT show-tunes in my car like its air
- I have a daruma with only one eye colored in becAUSE I HAVEN’T COMPLETE A FUCKING NOVEL. yet.
- I studied abroad in Tokyo for six months
- Autumn is my favorite season
- I can sing the whole soundtrack to Hamilton and Dear Evan Hanson
- The word ‘girth’ freaks me out
- I have a nervous/bored habit of biting my nails
- I aspire to go to every Disney themepark around the world. I’ve already been to Orlando, France, and Tokyo.