December 16, 2012,
It’s been a while since I posted on this blog, so it’s time to bring some life back to my baby. And let me start by saying a few things about a magical place called college. Note, I wanted to put some pretty gifs in this, but I seemed to have misplaced by folder 😛
So it is coming to the close of my first semester here and I can honestly say that I am loving my college experience. Here are some reasons why:
- The Freedom: being away from home, doing my own thing. It’s a major change and I can say that my adjustment to sharing a room with, shitty dining hall food, and life choices are pretty positive. Just being in a new place and finally model myself as who I want to me. Just being alive in a cloistered world on the last stepping stone before the real world can suck me away is what it’s cracked up to be–joyous.
- New Experiences and Meeting new People. Social Butterfly who can never remember anyone’s name on the first try. Give me like by the third or fourth try before I get it down pat.
- Being in a Place I Enjoy. Studying What I Love. English with a concentration in Creative Writing 🙂 Couldn’t get any better than that. (and a possible minor in Asian Studies c;)
- Not Having a long 9 Period School Day and the Ability to Pick the Classes I Want that Interest Me. Even Having Only Two-Three Classes a day. It’s a Beautiful Thing.
- Small Shower and Small (bunk) Bed [twin extra long…]
- Did I Mention the Shit Food? with laxatives as a preservative product that kills my stomach 24-7?
- Being Poor. Like every other college student
- No Time to Leisurely Read or Write. It’s like loosing a piece of me. Trying to get back into the swing of things Winter Break.
- Freshman 15? I just eat bread and pasta all the time. So I’m obviously gaining weight. But I’m also working out! Something I never did in high school.
Have questions? Want to talk? Leave comments below and I’m happy to read and return them 🙂 Love your faces!